Privacy & Cookies:
We will protect your data like it is our own.
You decide how and what you hear from us.
If we don't need your data, we will delete it.
Find out why we need it and how we use it.
Protecting your privacy
At Commsortia, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our members and service users. If you have any questions regarding how we protect your privacy contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all our services, the data controller is Commsortia Ltd.
This notice relates to www.commsortia.org.uk and NOT the affliliated organisations linked within the Commsortia website.
How we use your information
We use your information in a number of different ways. Here is what we do and why we do it.
We have to collect your name to perform our contract with you.
Email address and contact number:
We collect your email address or contact to send you information to keep you up to date about new projects, members, funding, news, events or information on projects where you have registered your interest. We only send this with your permission.
Date of Birth and Employment Status:
We collect this information when you register an interest in a project. This is to ensure that you meet all requirements of the project before you can participate in it. This is only collected where necessary.
Information about your phone / laptop and how you use our website- IP Address, device type, location data:
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Sharing your information
We DO NOT, and WILL NOT, sell any of your personal data to any third party- including your name, email address, location, device type or Location. We want to earn and maintain your trust and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies/ organsiations as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Where you have indicated an interest in participating in a project, we will share your information with organisations in the Commsortia Membership that can provide the best service to you, in terms of need and location. This will only ever be your name and your preferred contact method.
- Organisations that perform duties to complete our services to you, such as our delivery partners.
- Professional service provides, such as website hosts (Squarespace) who help us run our website and event booking hosts (Eventbrite) to help us organise events and share information that you have agreed to.
If you have said that we can, we will send you marketing message via your preferred contact method, to keep you up to date about new projects, members, funding, news and events.
How to stop marketing messages
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this by:
- By clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any email
- Or contacting: email@example.com
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure you do not receive further marketing messages or completely remove your data from our system, if you only opt'd in for Marketing Messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications where you have expressed on interest in activity at Commsortia, for example submitting an interest in a project form.
Keeping your information
We will only hold on to your information for as long as you are a member or service user.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request all your data to be deleted.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data to you
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make it clear on our website and social media, or by other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from you (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Commsortia, 15 St. Giles Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1JA