Location: Northampton Town Centre
Salary: £18, 746 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
This role will provide administrative support for the Project Coordinator and Business Liaison Officer, including: collation of information and evidence; assisting with organisation of partner meetings, workgroups, project board meetings and focus groups; and general admin and support tasks as necessary within Commsortia.
Commsortia, in partnership with the University of Northampton was successful in securing ESF / Big Lottery funding for a project called ‘Working Progress’, jointly funded by the Big Lottery and the European Social Fund who are working together to deliver a national-level scheme called Building Better Opportunities. This scheme is working to support hundreds of people across the country to move closer to employment. It is bringing people who are unemployed or economically inactive closer to the job market by offering each participant a personalised support journey that addresses the specific and often complex barriers that are keeping people away from employment. It will also collaborate with local employers to create more opportunities for participants in the scheme, so that employment becomes more achievable for participants of the scheme. Delivery organisations, who are all members of Commsortia, offer a wide range of services and activities that are selected from to create individualised support package.
To apply email CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Midday 22nd January 2018
Interviews: to be held on the 29th and 30th January 2018
For further Information contact Dion Hunt (Commsortia Manager) on 01604 238868 or email on the email address above.
appointment of treasurer
Would you like to make a contribution to your community and enhance your CV, by becoming Treasurer of a newly-established charity in Northamptonshire?
Commsortia is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, set up to facilitate Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) groups coming together to deliver larger and more complex services and contracts. We provide a means to combine the member organisations’ expertise, knowledge and experience to deliver high-quality services for local communities.
Commsortia provides a single point of contracting for commissioners who want to engage local VCSE provider organisations. The organisation was developed by sector leaders from a broad range of VCSE organisations across Northamptonshire and welcomes new members.
A selection process will be held to identify a suitable candidate who will then be presented for election as a Trustee and Director at our next board meeting.
Candidates who are not recommended for the Treasurer role might still be invited to stand for election as Trustees.
Key responsibilities – the Treasurer will take the lead at board level on:
- Although all trustees are equally accountable for the finances of the organisation, the Treasurer has a particular role to maintain oversight of the charity’s accounts for the financial governance of the organisation
- Reviewing the charity’s financial performance and making recommendations to the Board of Trustees as to the financial position of the organisation
- Reviewing the outputs of relevant Commsortia staff who draw up policies for finance and investment
- Ensuring that the charity has robust and effective financial controls in place
- Liaising with finance staff and with the charity’s independent examiner or auditor
- Eight two-hour board meetings per year
- Additional financial and strategic planning meetings according to the needs of the organisation – estimated at a further five two-hour meetings per year
- Occasional contact in person or by telephone as required to meet staff, sign cheques and documents, and support Commsortia staff with end-of-year accounting procedures.
Duration of appointment
Three years initially, with the option to stand for a second three-year term.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position but the Treasurer will be paid reasonable travel and other expenses incurred during the course of his or her duties.
Instructions for applicants
Applicants are invited to submit a CV and covering letter setting out their qualifications and interest in the role to Dion Hunt by email to email@example.com or by post to Commsortia Ltd, c/o Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire, 15, St Giles St, Northampton NN1 1JA.